Tuesday 16 December 2014

12 Days Of Christmas | Making Mince Pies

For Day Four of my '12 Days Of Christmas' posts I decided to try my hand at making Mince Pies - oh so festive!

I have to admit, I didn't make the mincemeat nor the pastry - I would fail had I tried.
I bought Jus-Rol Short Crust Pastry and Robertson's Mincemeat, both very affordable and easy to use. Here's how I made them.

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (200°C for non-fan assisted ovens).

2. Using a small piece of butter, grease a 12 hole cake tray.

3. Roll out the pastry and using a large shape cutter cut out 12 circles and line the cake tray.

4. Fill each pie with between 1-2 teaspoons of mincemeat - the amount you put in depends on how full you want the pies to be & how big your cake tray is.

5. Using the remaining pastry (you may need to roll it up in a ball and re-roll it out) to cut out 12 smaller circles/any other shape you fancy to use for lids.

6. Use water to moisten the lids and edges of the pie then gently press on top and squeeze edges to seal.

7. Use a skewer to make small steam holes on the lids. Then brush water on the lids and sprinkle with sugar.

8. Place the mince pies in the oven for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned, then sprinkle with more sugar and serve on a plate.































I hope you enjoyed this festive recipe, send me pictures on either Instagram or Twitter if you make some! 
Keep an eye out for Day Five tomorrow!
Only 9 days left until the big day!


Choies-The latest street fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment