Friday 24 January 2014

REVIEW: Real Techniques Brushes


Hello, how's your week been?
For Christmas, Father Christmas (mum) bought me the Real Techniques Core Collection brush set and the Stippling Brush.

I thought after trialling them for the past few weeks, it was only right for me to do a review of them.


When I first started using these brushes, I wasn't entirely sure how to use the Stippling brush correctly so I steered clear of it for a week. I then decided that enough was enough and that I was going to watch some videos on the Real Techniques website on how to actually use the brush.
I'm so glad I decided to do so as I'm completely infatuated with this brush! Without sounding horribly cliche, it makes applying liquid foundation so effortless and leaves my face looking even all over - which is something other brushes I've used didn't do very well! 




Next, the Buffing Brush. I loved this brush from the word go. 
The brush is so, so, so, so soft! It's like rubbing a blanket all over my face!
I use it to apply my powder after my foundation to set my make up, keeping it lasting longer. 




Out of all the brushes, this might just be my favourite - the Contour Brush
It's the perfect sized brush to do it's job!
As the name suggests, I use it for contouring. First I use it to apply bronzer to my cheekbones, jaw line and temple, then I dust off the excess bronzer and use it to rub my cream blusher into the apples of my cheeks.
As I use this for both my bronzer and my blusher, I may have to think about investing in another one so I can have one for each, which I quite happily would! 





As you can see the Core Collection set comes with four brushes, however I've only reviewed two of them. I only used the Pointed Foundation Brush a couple of times and, I wasn't particularly keen on it. It didn't feel nice to put my foundation on with, I think this is because it's a lot smaller in size than you would expect, and personally I think it would be better used for concealer. 
I have yet to use the Detailer Brush, I don't really wear concealer at the moment or lipstick (these are it's recommended uses) so I don't have too much use for it. However, when it comes to summer and I start wearing concealer instead of foundation again, I shall definitely use it!

I have a feeling that I'm going to be using these brushes for a long, long, long time, probably repurchasing them more than once.

What do you think of the Real Techniques Brushes? I'd recommend giving them a whirl if you haven't yet!
If you're interested in buying them, many retail shops such as Boots, Superdrug and even Amazon stock them, or if you're interested in learning more about them be sure to check out the Real Techniques website. 


Choies-The latest street fashion

4 comments:

  1. i love the brushes and nice review *_* I would wear this for the valentine`s day :) your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete