Friday 10 January 2014

Post Christmas Haul


Happy New Year!!
It's crazy to think it is now 2014, I'm going to be seventeen this year which means finally being able to drive, how exciting!

Now, everyone loves a good after Christmas shopping spree - especially with all the amazing sales.
I received a bit of money for Christmas and got paid two days after (woohoo for pay day!) and knew a spree was in need. I've only spent about £150 in all as I'm planning on saving money for driving lessons in April but here's what I did buy.

First, I got this gorgeous faux leather jacket from Topshop. I'd been after a new leather jacket for a while as I wasn't too keen on the one I had, I wanted a fitted one that was a little shorter. 
This jacket is just perfect! I love the different pattern on the shoulders and the silver detailing. 
It was originally £58 reduced to £35, then with my student discount I got it for £31.50. 
I've already worn it nearly everyday since buying so I can tell it's going to be a favourite of mine for a long time!





Next I took a trip to Zara
I picked up an abundance of clothes in Zara but knew I had to control myself so took my two favourite things out of the bunch! 

First I picked up this blue polka dot shirt from Zara at £22.99 instead of £29.99. As soon as I put this top on I fell in love, I can't wait to wear it out. 



I then picked up this black structured skirt. Again, as soon as I put this on I fell in love. 
I couldn't believe the bargain I got, only £9.99! 
I love the fit of this skirt and cannot wait to wear it to sixth form. The only downside to this is the fact it picks up every single bit of fluff!




From Primark, I got this lovely cord pinafore. I've been lusting over this for months now, every shift (I work at Primark) I walk past this and think do I or don't I?
I casually picked it up whilst in there this week to try it on so I could see if I actually liked how it looked on. I loved it as soon as I put it on and knew I had to get it.
I was even more desperate to get it when I saw it had gone from £12 to only £5! 
I ended up wearing it for a New Years Eve gathering I went to as I loved it so much, and I'll most definitely be wearing it loads at sixth form.





Whilst waiting to meet my mum in town I went into New Look. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but in the back of my mind I wanted to buy a new bag. 
This grey bag caught my eye, I really like the slouchy look of it and whilst it appears small, it's actually quite roomy inside. 
I decided to get it in the spur of the moment as it was only £10 from £19.99!


A day after picking up the bag and pinafore I went shopping again - I think I'm a shopaholic guys!

I was on the search for a fur gilet after seeing them everywhere and absolutely adoring them. I knew this wasn't going to be something I could pick up for cheap, however I still took a big hit to the bank when buying this.

I found this beautiful black faux fur gilet in Topshop
I'd already had my eye on this for a while but just couldn't bring myself to buy it as it was £65. 
However, after looking around for a while, I realised that all faux fur gilets were around the same price as this and after trying it on and absolutely falling head over heels in love with it, I bit the bullet and bought it. 
Luckily, with student discount I got 10% off and so it was reduced to £58.50, which made me feel a tiny bit better about it.
I am completely in love with it though and can already see myself wearing it over and over and over again until I get sick of it!





Lastly, I popped into boots. Well actually, my mother dearest decided to spend an hour buying every gift set in sight as they were all half price, and out of boredom I wandered off.

I was casually strolling the isles when I picked up these three things.
The first was this Boots Natural Collection body spray in a Vanilla scent for £2. 
I love love love anything vanilla scented and for only two pound I couldn't see a reason not to get it - woohoo I'm going to be smelling sooo sweet!

Now, like I've said before I don't really like to buy things just because of the hype around them.
We all know Maybelline Baby Lips has had the biggest hype around it, especially in the blogging and instagramming world. 
In boots they were offering a 'buy one get one half price' offer on Baby Lips. I was actually suffering from dry lips at the time and it's rare for me to find a lip product which actually does help my lips, so I thought, 'I might as well try it'.
I picked up Cherry Me and Hydrate. I've already tried Cherry Me and can I just say it is SO worth the hype. I wore it for New Year's Eve as it has a subtle cherry red tint to it and I love it! 
It honestly made my dry lips go and left my lips feeling moisturised all night, as well as having a gorgeous taste and smell of cherry!
I'm yet to try Hydrate, which I would guess doesn't have a scent or tint.


A couple of days later, I took a long awaited trip to Ikea
I knew I wanted to get this cabinet for a while, so I got it as soon as I could!
Unfortunately I'm not exactly too good at DIY and when I first put it together, I put it together backwards - oops.
I also need to decide how I want to arrange, but for now it's like this.


The last thing I've picked up - and hopefully the last I'll pick up this month - is this pair of Aubergine coloured Joni jeans from Topshop.
I'm in love with them, they fit perfectly so I cannot wait to show them off in an OOTD.



That's it for my post Christmas haul, hopefully I won't be buying anything else unless it's a complete necessity as I'm really trying to save as much money as I can.
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year, as well as picking up some bargains of your own!

I'm now off to drink some green tea and snuggle in bed watching movies. 



Play games to win prize at choies

2 comments:

  1. The leather jacket is to die for ! ♡

    thelittlefashionette.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete