Thursday 22 August 2013

WISHLIST: September/Sixth Form Edition

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14

If you're like me and you're going to sixth form/college/school in September, if you don't wear a uniform you'll be on the hunt for some nice new clothes to go back in. At the sixth form I am going into we have a formal dress code, so we have to wear 'business type' clothing - although they do let us bend the rules slightly.

First thing is this tartan shirt from Zara, I'm absolutely head over heels for this tartan trend, perhaps it's because I'm half Scottish and it means I can channel my inner Scott haha but I do just really love the tartan patten. I love this top as it has the collar which makes it look more formal in my opinion, however it is a little sheer so I'd have to wear a vest underneath it. I can already see myself wearing it tucked into a black skater skirt with my Dr Martens lookalike shoes.

Another thing I'm loving at the moment is blazers, I think they give a boring outfit that added oomph, making it look instantly better, I also think wearing them gives a more formal look as they are very suit like. This one from River Island is gorgeous! The three quarter length sleeves - you can't actually tell from the picture - meaning you can wear it in the autumn, when its I between hot and cold. The pattern is gorgeous too, floral but with a black background meaning its perfect for transitioning from summer to autumn/winter.

I love this 'Penny' dress as its called from Topshop, although its just a plain black skater dress the little flower boarding around the sleeves and neckline make it prettier and 'jazz' it up. 

Kimono's are another thing I'm currently obsessing over, just like blazers I think they make an outfit all round nicer. I really love the bright colour and pattern of this one from Topshop, however as we're slowly coming out of summer I don't think I will get enough use out of it, however if England stays a little warm through autumn I may consider buying it!

Oh look yet another thing from Topshop, I'm actually a little surprised how many things on this wish list are from Topshop as I'm not actually one who usually obsesses over it. Anyway, onto this pink angora jumper, the colour is so pretty, I've always loved jumpers for the colder seasons especially cable knit ones, however I'm not entirely sure on angora as I find it very itchy so we will have to see whether I decide to get it or not. 

Ooooh, more tartan! I'm actually sooooo in love with this pinafore from asos, it's so cute and girly but edgy at the same time, and I like the green tartan as its a change from the more commonly seen red. 

Topshop and tartan arise again, perfect! I never used to like these tube skirts as I didn't think they suited me but I've actually learnt to like them the more I see them and try them on, I've actually aquired quite a collection - 4 but that's a collection for me. I like that its a mix of green and red, including both tartans and this type of skirt is great for my sixth form dress code. 

I'm surprised this is only the second shirt on my list as everyone loves some good shirts. I love the pattern of this shirt it's so bright and being oversized, it makes it more 'floaty' and comfortable, which is brilliant for when you're sitting about in class as its not tight and restricting. 

The first pair of shoes on this list! I actually had to choose between quite a few pairs about which pair I was wanting most, I've actually been wanting these since they first came into Office so months. I'm not sure why the picture shows them as green but they're actually black... I love the cutouts at the front of them as it gives them more 'personality' - can shoes have personality? - and makes them more interesting. 

Hello trend follower here!! As I said in my last post, I don't really like following trends and I really didn't want to want the Joni jeans but I've been looking for a black pair of jeans forever as they go with everything and I'm allowed to wear them for sixth form which is good as jeans are so comfortable so I think I'll most probably invest in a pair. 

I love this dress from Asos Marketplace as its completely different to anything I've seen before, it's called a 'vintage' dress and I adore vintage items which is why it probably caught my eye. I think the colours are really pretty and if you know me, you will know blue is my favourite colour, especially this shade. I think it would be great for any season and wearing this I'm winter will be sure to brighten my mood! 

I have been eyeing up these peplum jackets in shops for ages and going into sixth form is the perfect excuse to buy one, however I'm a bit annoyed as when I was making this last night the jacket was on Topshop then when I went to find the link for it this morning, it's disappeared so I guess I'll have to find one in another shop.

I've always adored Missguided shoes as they do basically the same shoes as more expensive shops but for much cheaper prices. In the winter/autumn seasons I love to have a pair of boots either ankle boots or mid calf boots and I really like the design of these. 

The last thing on these list is this 'pork pie' hat from Topshop, I've literally wanted this hat since last year but I never seemed to buy one so as I soon as I saw they were back in stock I knew I had to get one. I would prefer the bowler hat that they used to have but this one is just as nice so I'm definitely going to get it. If there is one thing I get from this list it will be this hat!

Sorry for this wish list being ever so long but I really tried to make it a small as possible, promise!
Is there anything you're lusting after for sixth form, college or just in general? 

No comments:

Post a Comment